Smart watches are an accessory for your smartphone. They provide the convenience of sending and receiving information with just a glance at your wrist.
What is a smart watch?
A smart watch is a watch that pairs with your smartphone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to deliver notifications and messages, display time, and perform a lot of various tasks via the apps that you run on them.
What can you do with a smart watch?
- Using GPS, you can not only get directions, but you can monitor the calories you consume while walking or riding a bike.
- Play music using Bluetooth headphones
- Place and answer phone calls
- Read and respond to text messages
- Get news and trends like sports scores and weather updates
- Make reservations
- Sync with your smartphone schedule to display your daily agenda
- Obtain social media statuses and notifications
- Make purchases by waving your watch over the store’s credit card terminal
What should you consider when buying a smart watch?
It should be attractive with a high-quality display and a user-friendly interface. The type of operating system determines the apps you want to run and the tasks you want to perform. Most models have a battery life of one or two days.
The operating system you choose depends solely on the type of smartphone you have because the smart watch is paired with your smartphone. If you own an Android smartphone, your smart watch should have Android Wear or Tizen. If you own an iPhone, choose an Apple Watch. For example, the Samsung Gear S3 runs Tizen and is compatible with both the Android and iPhone.
Do all smart watches have a rectangular design?
Although rectangular is the most common design, there are smart watches that have a circular display similar to regular watches. The Apple Watch is only available in the rectangular design. The circular design is available in the Samsung Gear S2, Moto 360, and LG G Watch R models. Many models have changeable straps, so you can dress casual, sporty, and formal.
Can you use a smart watch to monitor your health?
Yes, it can monitor your health and fitness. You should choose one that has a pedometer to count your steps. An accelerometer is helpful in determining acceleration. Acceleration can be used to detect when you fall. A heart rate sensor can be used to monitor your heart beats. Some will report the amount of calories you consume and even display a report of your health at day’s end.
The Newest Smart Watch: The Apple Watch Series 5
Having a smartwatch brings multiple benefits, and devices like the Apple Watch Series 5 really have become essential. Finding a new Apple Watch Series 5 will allow you to pair up with your smart device and access apps, workout data, and news. These high-tech devices are stylish, and you can find them pretty easily on platforms like eBay.
Will the time always be accessible on the Apple Watch?
One of the design improvements that the Apple Watch Series 5 offers is the addition of the Always-on Display. This design feature allows you to take a look at a few critical stats without having to press a wake button. While other versions of the watch have included a function that uses an accelerometer to determine if you're raising your wrist, this new display will always present the time without wasting too much battery power.
Some features of the stylish Apple Watch Series 5
Apple has added several features to the Apple Watch. Here are a few that stand out:
- Built-in compass: For those who like adventure and geocaching, the Apple Watch includes a built-in compass so you always know what direction you're traveling in. It also offers incline and elevation information.
- International emergency calling: For those with cellular data, the new version of Apple's watch includes the ability to make emergency calls. To activate, you merely need to press and hold the side button to access local emergency staff.
- Waterproofing: This version of the Apple Watch may be used while showering or swimming up to significant depths.
- Electrical heart sensor: Staying in tune with your heart rate is useful when you're exercising. The watch's back panel will continuously take your pulse so you will always be aware of this important workout metric.
- Noise app: This application will let you know when the decibels are at the point where they can affect your hearing.
Multiple customization options
There are multiple ways to customize the Apple Watch Series 5. You can change out the band to suit your preferences. While the Apple Watch Series 5 comes standard with a pink, white, black, or gold band, you can also purchase other colors. Select from bands made of leather, stainless steel, and other finishes as well. Additionally, the face of the watch is changeable using the app settings, and new faces can be downloaded as well.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.